Jay Ellis reveals full story behind ‘Insecure’ fan slapping him at the airport

Jay Ellis on Insecure (HBO)

Jay Ellis on Insecure (Photo: HBO)

As Jay Ellis tells it, the interactions he has had with Insecure followers given that playing Issa Rae’s on-off boyfriend (and eventual spouse) Martin Lawrence Walker by way of five seasons of the HBO strike frequently drop in two categories: The large the vast majority will berate him for “what he did” to Issa (“that’s like 98%,” Ellis says), although the other 2% is “dudes like, ‘Ay, Lawrence Hive to dying, bro!’”

And then there is what took place to Ellis a 12 months in the past, when he was slapped by a random girl though in a gift shop.

Ellis uncovered the incident in an early-2022 Twitter put up, composing, “Good early morning to anyone besides for the woman that slapped me in the confront at the airport for the reason that she got mad at Lawrence for some thing he did in season 3.”

In a new interview with Yahoo Enjoyment advertising his upcoming intimate comedy Somebody I Applied to Know, Ellis eventually reveals the complete story.

“I’m nonetheless processing it,” Ellis commences.

“I was in the airport and I was at this turnstile attempting to get some Advil out of it. There was this female standing guiding it, and if I turned it all over, [I thought] some of the things that was hanging on it was gonna strike her. So I reported, ‘Excuse me.’

“She turns all around, her eyes go wide, and she just reached again and complete open up-hand — like Rick James — just slapped me.”

The female right away apologized, and even made available to pay out for the Leading Gun: Maverick actor’s stuff at the counter.

“She did the Macaulay Culkin,” Ellis claims, referencing the famed Household Alone instant exactly where Kevin McAllister palms both of those cheeks and screams right after emotion the melt away of aftershave. “She explained I reminded her of her ex-boyfriend, Lawrence brought on her.

“I sense sorry for that boyfriend. Due to the fact if she slapped me. If she slapped Tv Lawrence, that bad boyfriend.”

Give Ellis credit rating, nevertheless, for retaining relaxed and not contacting the cops.

“That’s what all people claims,” Ellis laughs.

Any person I Applied to Know premieres Feb. 10 on Prime Video.

View the trailer: